2018 Vietnam Symposium in Banking and Finance
Time & Location
About The Event
25 Oct 2018 - 27 Oct 2018
College of Economics - Hue University, Hue City, Vietnam
You are cordially invited to submit your research papers (English only and in PDF files) for presentation consideration at the 3rd Vietnam Symposium in Banking and Finance (VSBF2018) that will take place on 25-27 October 2018 in Hue City, Vietnam.
This Symposium, jointly organized by the Association of Vietnamese Scientists and Experts (AVSE Global), the College of Economics - Hue University, and the International Society for the Advancement of Financial Economics (ISAFE), aims to bring together academics, practitioners and policymakers sharing their research findings and discussing current and challenging issues in banking and finance.
The scientific and organizing committees welcome submissions in all areas of banking and finance. The main topics of the conference include, but not limited to: Banking regulation and financial services; Corporate finance, Corporate governance; IPOs, SEOs, M&A; Dynamics of international capital markets; Emerging markets finance; Financial markets, institutions and money; Financial policy and regulation; Market linkages, financial crises and contagion; Portfolio management and optimization; Risk management; Securitization; Financial modeling; Finance and sustainability; Financial econometrics; Financial engineering and derivatives; Capital market integration; Behavioral finance; Investment funds; Macro-financial linkages; Market behavior and efficiency; Asset pricing and allocation; and Market microstructure.
The Symposium also hosts two special workshops:
• Special Workshop on "Central Banking and Regulation": guest speakers include, among others, Francisco Nadal De Simone (Central Bank of Luxembourg, Luxembourg), Gauti Eggertsson (Brown University, USA), Xavier Freixas (Universitat Pompeu Fabra and Barcelona Graduate School of Economics, Spain), and Ilknur Zer (Federal Reserve Board, United States)
• Special Workshop on "Cryptocurrencies: Technology, Risks, and Regulatory Framework": guest speakers include, among others, Stéphane Blemus (University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne - Sorbonne Law School, France), Dominique Guégan (University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Labex RéFI, & IPAG Business School, France), Hans-Jörg von Mettenheim (Acanto Research & IPAG Business School, France), and Nir Vulkan (Saïd Business School, University of Oxford, United Kingdom)
• Prof. Douglas Cumming, Ontario Research Chair in Economics and Public Policy, York University, Canada
• Prof. Xavier Freixas, Universitat Pompeu Fabra and Barcelona Graduate School of Economics, Spain
• Sabri Boubaker, South Champagne School of Management & University of Paris Est, France
• Duc Khuong Nguyen, IPAG Business School, France
Authors are invited to submit their papers in PDF files, no later than 30 June 2018 through the conference website: https://vsbf2018.sciencesconf.org/user/submit. Early submission is highly encouraged and decision is made as soon as the peer-review is completed. No submission fee is required.
• Submission deadline: June 30, 2018
• Notification of review results: July 31, 2018
• Registration deadline: September 10, 2018
• Conference event: October 25-27, 2018
• Special Issue of Annals of Operations Research on "Neural Networks, Nonlinear Dynamics, and Risk Management in Banking and Finance"
• In consultation with the conference organizers and the Editor-in-Chief of Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, authors of selected papers will be invited to submit their manuscripts to a regular issue of the Journal.
For queries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org